Business Pulse: insurance
Our new insurance report Business Pulse: exploring the dual perspectives on the top 10 risks and opportunities in 2013 and beyond provides a snapshot of the industry today and a forecast for the future.
The research shows that:
- Macroeconomic trends and a slow rate of growth, regulation and the Eurozone debt crisis pose the greatest threats for insurance companies
- The shortage of talent skills and threats from cyber-risk and data security are two notable additions to this year’s list
- Concerns about reputational and operational risk, corporate governance failures, tax and accounting changes, and availability and cost of capital round out the top 10 list of risks
- Emerging geopolitical risks that may impact the top 10 over the next five years include: a major global pandemic, extreme weather events and sustained deterioration of trust
- Complementing opportunities include, but are not limited to: customer focus – centered on improved distribution and product development, promoting fair outcomes for customers and shifting sales to accommodate changing customer needs